Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Sembawang...

The other side of Sembawang.
Do you really know a lot about Sembawang?
My home town?
Especially those who live in Sembawang.
After all my almost 8 years breathing Sembawang's oxygen,
I never knew a lot about it.
There are a lot more to discover than you know...
Sembawang may be a small town,
just like Singapore compared to other country,
but there are a lot of things that you can discover.

In Sembawang,
there is the Hot Spring.
A very peaceful spot
where you can soak your body into the warmth of the
hot spring water...
Close your eyes,
let the phenomenon of the water loosen your thigh muscles.
A calm gust of wind brushes your skin,
giving you a cooling sensation complimenting the warmth of water.
Situated in the middle of the forest,
allow your ears to rest with the relaxing sound of nature.
Bird chirping,
and music created by the delicate leaves as the wind blows,
under the clear blue sky filled with white cotton candy all over...
Once you are done,
let your body to dry...
Once they are dry,
your skin will be as soft as a baby's bottom.
If you are lucky enough,
there will be a man in his golden years
giving you massage.
Hot spring water has been known to have healing properties,
specifically its ability to get rid of aches and pain.
In the sixties, the locals believed that the sizzling water
was known to get rid off the bad luck
off the punters before they went to horse races.
History of the Hot Spring

...
I was doing my regular cycling routine,
as I decided to explore more about what Sembawang owns.
Have you ever tried cycling or traveling around the
'Riches' part of Sembawang?
The bungalow and terrace on top of the hill,
behind the renovating Sembawang Shopping Center.
What was the first thing that came out of your mind when i say
big bungalows and terrace?
Well for me, nothing much...
Just $$$!
Hehe...
Besides that, there are more to it.
It is obvious to see beautiful megalomanic bungalows.
As I was cycling through the road,
it was very quiet and peaceful.
All you see are just house after house.
Guess what i saw with my own bare eyes?
Chicken!
Yup! Chicken!
Real life chicken!
Those kind of chicken in the kampung!
Wandering on the streets!
I had shock of my life.
Life Chicken? Sembawang? Bungalows?
Impossible!
But true!
You have got to check it out yourself.
Maybe some of you might think i am lying about it,
but i am telling the truth!
If Chelsea and Hannah is reading this,
I have got to bring you to the place!
As soon as possible!
Coz i am afraid that they might get slaughtered.
Hehe...

Well thats all i got to say...
See you then...
I might draw up my last blog on Tuesday before i go to Kl...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Prince Syafiq J


2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Bloody hell?! Chickens? are you serious or what?!

Unknown said...

happy shopping in kl ! loveeeees .